Soccer for Success is a key part of our KICS mission. Through donations and grants, KICS provides soccer programming from our professional coaching staff to hundreds of At-Risk youth within Chicago Public Schools. Further, our team is working to integrate these youth into our KICS Community soccer program year-round. We currently serve 7 Chicago Public Schools in the 3rd and 4th ward communities with an aim of scaling this program to reach 20 CPS schools by 2020. As Soccer for Success expands, KICS will continue to work with our local aldermen and Chicago Community Policing to provide valuable data to study the positive effect of after school programming on reduced youth violent crime.
In partnership with the US Soccer Foundation, we conduct an initiative to engage At-Risk youth from Chicago Public Schools with our professional coaching staff who are working to integrate those youth into our KICS Community soccer program year round. Our goal is to engage At-Risk youth in positive after school programming and to share the positive KICS experience with Chicago’s children and their families.
What is Soccer For Success?
Soccer for Success is an after-school program, offered free to participants, that is proven to help kids establish healthy habits and develop critical life skills through trained coach-mentors and family engagement.
KICS Foundation partners with US Soccer Foundation to provide free soccer programs to elementary schools on Chicago’s South Side.
Each child receives:
- Soccer Ball
- 60 Minutes of Play Per Day
- 3 Days Per Week
- 24 Weeks Per Year
Soccer For Success Values (from https://ussoccerfoundation.org/programs/soccer-for-success)
- HEALTHY LIVING. Kids attend Soccer for Success after school three times a week throughout the academic year. Participants learn about eating right and other ways to stay healthy, and they gain important decision-making and relationship skills from their interactions with coach-mentors and peers.
- MENTORSHIP. Soccer for Success coaches are also mentors. They teach kids the fundamentals of soccer, but also strive to help children build confidence and recognize the value of hard work, teamwork and persistence in achieving personal goals. By learning what it takes to play a team sport, kids are also being prepared to be productive citizens.
- COMMUNITY-FOCUSED. The lessons Soccer for Success teaches don’t stop on the field. Coach-mentors meet with families regularly to educate parents and guardians about how to embrace an active and healthy lifestyle and nurture their child’s personal growth.
Sponsor Soccer For Success
Did you know Chicago KICS Foundation supports Soccer for Success initiatives in seven Chicago Public Schools and serves over 100 at risk players? Your donation will help provide programming that prevents violence by engaging players in after school activities. Your support will help grow the Soccer for Success program and make a world of difference to each and every player.
*Chicago KICS Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- $10 – Purchases shin guards for a player.
- $25 – Buys a player a complete uniform.
- $50 – Provides coaching training to activate more coaches for Soccer for Success.
- $110 – Covers seasonal costs for one player.
- $1,500 – Supports an ENTIRE school team for a whole season!